Sometimes having long, full hair can be a pain when deciding how to wear it. The double bun is a creative and stunning look that can turn heads, not to mention this look can be casual and dressy. Below, instructions will be given on how to pull of this versatile hair style with just a few short, simple steps.
First, you should straighten your hair with a comb being sure to get rid of all tangles and snarls. Some individuals find using styling gel adds extra control for this hair style. Next, divide your hair in half in a vertical manner to create two pigtails. Then, use elastic bands to secure the pigtails. After this, create a bun by coiling one of the pigtails. Using bobby pins, anchor each ponytail into the desired bun shape. Repeat this process with the other ponytail. The bobby pins should be placed approximately two inches apart from each other for optimal security. After finishing this process, you should have two buns stacked next to each other on the back of your head. To complete the double bun hairstyle, you should apply a small amount of hairspray.
An alternative approach to the double bun hairstyle is to use horizontal parting instead of vertical parting. The only difference with this method is the buns will be stacked above and below each other as opposed to side by side. Also,a tube sock can achieve similar results and has become a popular approach of styling the double bun. One reason this method has become widely used because of its finished look which is perfect for a dressy night out. This sleek look can be mastered by following the steps in this outline here.
Aside from being a simplistic hair style to wear, the double bun can be worn a variety of ways. For example, you can wear this look the traditional way by having both buns tighter, or you have the option of tailoring this look to be very stylish, yet casual look by having a more loose, creative bun. Either way is sure to turn heads! And best of all, this look does not take more than five minutes to do once you have mastered the above steps.
Below I have added two great and easy to follow video tutorials to further assist you on your quest to achieving the perfect double bun.
Putting hair up in a stylish bun is not always easy, but the appropriate accessories can simplify the process. Although Hot Buns Hair Accessories can provide the tools to create a balanced bun, it is hard to determine when the style is appropriate. Recognizing occasions that are perfect for a bun will make the process of styling the hair a little easier.
Dressing up for a formal or semi-formal wedding is not always simple. Depending on the formality of the occasion and the details provided by the bride and groom, picking out the right dress is hard enough. Finding an appropriate hairstyle can take a little work.
Hot Buns Hair Accessories are a great tool for styling hair at a formal or semi-formal wedding. The bun can dress up with additional decorations or look more casual with a simple low bun. The simple design of a bun is perfect for any wedding, including the most formal settings.
Prom is the perfect occasion to put hair up in a bun. Since the attire is formal, it requires a formal hairstyle that matches the atmosphere of the special event. Prom only occurs during the high school years and it is an important event for any girl. Putting hair up with Hot Buns Hair Accessories and creating a formal look with additional decorative items can make the event memorable and avoid a bad hair day on the big day.
Spending an evening with friends, family or a significant other at a theater or a live show of any type is a semi-formal to formal event. It calls for a hairstyle that is appropriate for the formal atmosphere of the space. Hot Buns Hair Accessories offer the opportunity to create formal look for the evening without spending extra money or wasting hours trying to create a bun that is not lopsided, uncomfortable or falling down.
A live performance will vary in formality, so it is important to consider whether it is a semi-formal show, like a comedy or off-Broadway performance, or if it is a formal performance, like the ballet or opera. A half-up bun with the small accessory is appropriate for more semi-formal outings.
Wearing Hot Buns Hair Accessories to a formal or semi-formal occasion is an appropriate time to use the accessory. It creates a glamorous appearance that is appropriate for several events and special occasions that require a dress.
The Hot Buns hair accessory is the ideal hair tool for a woman who has long hair but who struggles to make it look polished and beautiful. This is a tool that will save you money, especially when you have formal events on your social calendar but know that you will not be able to get to the salon every time to get a new hairstyle. This also is a fabulous hair tool for women who do not want to wash and style their hair every single day. Why not put your hair into a stylish bun instead? The Hot Buns hair accessory helps your hair stay put and look great all day.
Keep in mind that the Hot Buns hair accessory is going to work the best on hair that fits easily into a ponytail. You can use this hair accessory if you have layered hair, but you may see some flyaway hair strands. If this happens to you, then you can just tuck the hair strands into the bun using a few extra bobby pins.
Using the Hot Buns hair accessory is very easy. All you have to do to get started is to put your hair into a secure ponytail. The position of the ponytail is completely up to you. Then simply open up the Hot Buns hair accessory and roll the tip of your ponytail like you would roll hair on a curler, moving the Hot Buns accessory down the length of the ponytail until it rests on your scalp. Now you are ready to secure the Hot Buns accessory by snapping the ends together. Put the final touches on your bun by using your fingers to gently pull the hair around the Hot Buns accessory.
You want to make sure to cover up all of the foam with your hair. The final step is to pull out the secure elastic band from around the Hot Buns accessory and to wrap it all the way around the bun. This helps to give extra support to your bun and helps to keep flyaway hair pieces in place. Add hair jewelry, flowers, and hair spray to your bun, and you are ready to dazzle friends and family members at your latest social outing. The Hot Buns accessory is the perfect solution to frenzied hair that must look polished for a formal event such as a graduation, a wedding, or other occasion.
Do you love the look of creative buns? Do you have a flair for the artistic? Do you have at least medium-length hair but you sometimes struggle with how to get it out of your face or style it for an important event? Are you looking for a simple, quick hairdo that looks unique and creative? If you are ready to be adventurous and artistic with your hair, then it may be time to experiment with a twist collapse bun.
The twist collapse bun is a hairstyle for the truly artistic person. It makes a great look for formal events, summer picnics, work days, and even a Saturday errand run. It is versatile and it is ideal for hair that has gone one or two days without washing. You can make your hair look beautiful and unique even when it is dirty. Keep in mind that this bun takes a little longer than a standard bun, but it looks quite eclectic and is the perfect hairstyle for a hot summer’s day or an event where you want to look very different from everyone else in the crowd.
Remember to set your twist collapse bun with a little touchable hairspray after you are done, and keep a good amount of bobby pins on hand. This is a bun that requires a lot of bobby pins because of the many twists in your hair. Here is how to get your very own twist collapse bun:
- Brush your hair thoroughly and pull it into a ponytail high on your head. Use a strong elastic band or two. You want your ponytail to be strong and sturdy.
- Gather together a strip of hair strands about the width of two or three fingers.
- Twist the hair strip tightly by twirling it around your fingers. As you twist, the hair strip will begin to collapse on top of your head, forming a spiral of hair.
- Secure the spiral of hair with several bobby pins.
- Gather a new section of hair and repeat the twisting and pin-securing method. Do this until all of the hair sections in your ponytail have been twisted and secured with pins. Make sure that as you twist the hair strips, that they collapse over the ponytail elastics and cover them up.
- Lightly spray with hairspray and add decorative combs or clips to the area around your new twisted collapse bun.
Are you looking for an easy yet fashionable hairstyle that gets your hair out of your eyes? Are you looking for a quick up-do for a formal event? Are you short on money for an expensive visit to your local hair salon? If you are ready to look fabulous without all the hassle and financial stress, then try these five gorgeous bun hairdo ideas. Making a bun with your long hair is easy to do and requires only a little practice. These hairstyles are made even simpler with the help of bun-shaping accessory, such as the Hot Buns hair accessory. Here are five bun hairdo ideas to get you started:
- The Top Bun: Gather your hair into a bun on the very top of your head. This is a simple yet also elegant hairstyle that finishes off any formal look. Top buns look fabulous without of without bangs. The key to the top bun is that it be gathered somewhat loosely so that it looks full. Feel free to slide a few rhinestone hair accessories, such as clips or combs around the sides of the top bun for a little extra sparkle.
- The Side Buns: Get the Princess Leia look for Halloween by forming your long hair into two sturdy buns. Your buns should cover up your ears for the most authentic look.
- The Single Side Bun: Gather your hair to one side and shape it into a side bun on either side of your head. The key with this look is to pick only one side for the bun and to shape it loosely just below your ear so that it looks soft and romantic.
- The Ballerina Bun: Work your hair into a bun fit for a ballerina! The ballerina bun is a tight, slick bun that sits roughly in the middle to the top of the head. Place a flower in one side of the bun or top off your look with a few rhinestone combs.
- The Nape Bun: Wrap a loose-fitting bun at the back nape of your neck. Slide jeweled chopsticks, gold twigs, or even fresh flowers through the top of the bun. This is the perfect look for a wedding, a night out on a date, or another formal occasion when you want your hair to get a little extra attention.
An upside down braid bun done right can secure your hair in a cute way for the whole day. Buns are usually created by fastening the hair at the base of the neck so that the shorter hairs on the back of the head don’t slip out and fly loose by lunchtime. Such an arrangement, however, pulls the hair down around the ears and depresses the look of the whole face. A flattering upside down braid bun can not only energize your look, but it can easily be created at home by following these few simple steps.
Upside Down French Plait Bun
When your hair is dry and loose, bend forward and brush your hair away from you and over your face until your hair is smooth. Starting at the nape of your neck, separate your hair into three strands and french braid them toward the top of your head. Catch all the short hairs into the braid until you are just above your ears. Consider using conditioner or setting gel to relax the hair and hold it in place. Then, close off the braid with a small elastic tie.
Now, gather the remaining hair toward the end of the braid. Brush through it and secure it there in order to complete the bun. Based on your personal preference, either use a supportive donut around the hair to add shape to the finished bun or split the remaining hair, twisting it around in opposite directions.
Functional, Carefree Styling
This next method is simpler and faster, but it can be just as cute as the first. Draw your hair together loosely in the first band at your neck, or just a bit higher, still catching all the shorter hairs. Then, separate the hair above the band and bring the gathered ponytail through the opening.
There are options at this point. The first involves gathering the hair together above the first elastic and making a twist or a braid that can be shaped into a bun and secured higher on the head. Alternatively, you can draw the entire bun through the space behind the first elastic. Try out both methods to see which is most flattering for you.
As with all new styles, practice makes perfect. Once you master your preferred method, the upside down braid bun will serve you well at both work and play.
Do you have a special event quickly approaching on your calendar? Are you unsure how to style your hair for an all-day event that requires you to wear formal clothing or business attire? Are you tired of washing and styling your hair every day? If you want an elegant, polished look without the challenges and frustrations of daily styling, then the Hot Buns hair accessory is about to change your hair as you know it.
The Hot Buns hair accessory not only is extremely easy to use, but it helps you produce fashionable, creative hairstyles for both medium-length hair and long hair. All you need to know how to do is put your hair in a simple, secure ponytail. Get ready! Here are three stylish ways to use your Hot Buns hair accessory:
- Cute Chignons: The Hot Buns hair accessory is the perfect hairstyling tool to create a cute chignon. A chignon often appears low at the nape of the neck or just below the ear. Simply secure your ponytail at either one of these spots, roll your hair on the Hair Buns accessory, snap it into place, spread out your hair, and secure it with the Hot Buns cord. You have an instant elegant look!
- The Top-Heavy Bun: Get a gorgeous, stylish bun on the very top of your head by creating a very high ponytail on top of your head and adding the Hot Buns hair accessory. This is the perfect hairstyle for weddings or dance recitals because you can add a tiara or other costume jewelry hair pieces to create the perfect princess look.
- The Casual Bun: Create a casual bun in the exact middle of your head by loosely gathering your hair in a ponytail and loosely rolling the Hot Buns hair accessory around the hair. You can create a soft, romantic look perfect for a date, a day out in the country, or other casual event that does not require the precise polishing of the other two buns in this article.
Don’t forget to add a little more flair to your Hot Buns look by incorporating leaves, berries, flowers, and other hair accessories to your bun. Do not overdo your look, but simply add a little something extra here and there to create a special and unique look for your next big event.
Buns aren’t just for stern school teachers or women heading off to a charity ball. Fashionable and fun, they’re for teenagers, athletes and any woman who needs to get her hair out of her eyes while keeping it stylish and attractive. Hot Buns hair accessories allow you to create different hairstyles without damaging your hair and in a few quick seconds.
Avoid the Damage and Pain of Other Accessories
Ponytail holders pulled too tightly can break hair, but your hair won’t hold if they aren’t tight enough. Claws look great, but fine hair can slide out and they are uncomfortable when you rest your head against the back of your seat. With Hot Buns, you can secure your hair firmly and comfortably without damaging it.
Easy to Use
Soft Hot Buns hair accessories are a springy core that grips the hair and allows you to roll it up into a bun. The elastic securing clamp holds it in place with a style that’s comfortable and attractive. You can use it on wet or dry hair, so it’s the perfect tool to take when you head to the gym in the morning before work.
Bun at Work and Curls for After
You can sleep a little later in the mornings when you use Hot Buns hair accessories. Wash hair, dry the roots around your temple and then wrap the long ends into a beautiful bun. You will look professionals poised at work, and then you can transform the look for something more relaxed after work. Simply take the bun out, run your fingers through your hair and let graceful curls fall around your shoulders for an evening out on the town.
The Partial Up-do
If you want the top crown of hair pulled up and secured, then Hot Buns hair accessories are the right choice. Available in three different sizes, you can leave part of your hair flowing loose while securing another section in one of the smaller buns. When you take it out, you’ll love the tight curls that bounce and frame your face.
There are countless ways to wear Hot Buns. Fast to put in and easy to use, they’re safe for your hair and comfortable against your scalp. Whether you want an elegant bun for a special occasion, need a convenient bun when you head to the gym or want to put your hair in buns to create glorious curls without the heat or hassle, Hot Buns can help you create the perfect look.
Celebrities are not just known for their great bodies and gorgeous skin; they are also known for their beautiful hair. They are not afraid to take risks and rock some of the greatest hairdos you have ever seen. That is why many women pay a lot of money at the salon to get the same hairdo as their favorite celebrity. With that being said, here are the top five female celebrity hairdos.
Farrah Fawcett was very popular in the 1970s and so was her hair. She rocked the long layered shag like no one else. This very feathery and voluminous hairstyle flattered her face shape very nicely and was envied by a lot of women.
Although Jennifer Aniston now wears her hair in a long and straight style now, the hairdo she sported while acting in Friends is still popular. “The Rachel” is a medium length layered hairstyle that has loads of volume. It is flattering on almost anyone, especially those who want to increase the fullness in their hair.
Victoria Beckham is definitely a trendsetter, so it is no surprise that she rocked a hairdo that everyone wanted. The hairstyle was nicknamed “The Pob” and is an asymmetrical bob. It is definitely not for everyone and is more likely to flatter those with longer and angular face shapes. She was able to pull off this haircut because she has such high cheekbones.
Emma Watson’s pixie cut has been popular for a while now and looks very chic. She cut off her long hair after she finished filming her latest Harry Potter film and looks beautiful in her new cropped cut. The short hairdo is very fashionable and shows off her lovely features very nicely.
Zooey Deschanel knows how to rock blunt bangs with style. The thick bangs look lovely with her long hair and compliment her features very well. They definitely give her a very young and fun look. Blunt bangs can look good on anyone, but those with round faces should narrow the width of the bangs.
These five celebrity hairdos are very popular and are requested a lot at hair salons all around the country. Do not be afraid to wear one of these famous hairstyles. Just bring a photo of the hairdo to your hair stylist and ask her to create it on your hair.
Have spent months growing out your gorgeous long hair only to get frustrated because you do not know how to style it? Do you love the look of buns but find that your hairstyles just do not stand up to the rigor of the event at hand. Are you short on time and do you need to save your money instead of going to see your favorite hairstylist? If you are pondering any of your questions, then you need the Hot Buns hair accessory.
This unique and efficient hair accessory makes styling your long- or medium-length hair into a bun very easy. All you need is a little time, a little practice, and a Hot Buns hair accessory that roughly matches the shade of your hair. Hot Buns hair accessories come in general shades of blonde, brunette, black, and red. In no time at all you will be walking out of your house in style. Here is how to do it:
- Gather Your Hair: Gather your hair into a ponytail. Your ponytail can be high, medium or low, depending on the look you desire for your bun.
- Secure Your Ponytail: Now secure your ponytail with a strong elastic band. You will want to wrap your elastic band around your ponytail as many times as it takes to make the ponytail feel secure but not overly tight.
- Wrap the Hot Buns Accessory: Pull the ponytail straight up, and wrap your hair around the Hot Buns accessory by rolling your hair around it as you would roll it around a curler. You will be rolling your hair around the Hot Buns accessory so that the accessory ends up resting on your head. Your hair should roll on top of each layer.
- Snap Hot Buns into Place: Snap the Hot Buns accessory into place, and then use your fingers to lightly spread out the hair across the accessory so that your hair covers the accessory completely.
- Secure Your Hot Bun: Pull the Hot Buns elastic out from the base and wrap it around the bun. Tuck any visible elastic pieces into your bun.
- Spray Your Hair: Lightly spray your bun with hair spray to make sure your hair stays in place. You are ready to go!