Are you looking for an easy yet fashionable hairstyle that gets your hair out of your eyes? Are you looking for a quick up-do for a formal event? Are you short on money for an expensive visit to your local hair salon? If you are ready to look fabulous without all the hassle and financial stress, then try these five gorgeous bun hairdo ideas. Making a bun with your long hair is easy to do and requires only a little practice. These hairstyles are made even simpler with the help of bun-shaping accessory, such as the Hot Buns hair accessory. Here are five bun hairdo ideas to get you started:
- The Top Bun: Gather your hair into a bun on the very top of your head. This is a simple yet also elegant hairstyle that finishes off any formal look. Top buns look fabulous without of without bangs. The key to the top bun is that it be gathered somewhat loosely so that it looks full. Feel free to slide a few rhinestone hair accessories, such as clips or combs around the sides of the top bun for a little extra sparkle.
- The Side Buns: Get the Princess Leia look for Halloween by forming your long hair into two sturdy buns. Your buns should cover up your ears for the most authentic look.
- The Single Side Bun: Gather your hair to one side and shape it into a side bun on either side of your head. The key with this look is to pick only one side for the bun and to shape it loosely just below your ear so that it looks soft and romantic.
- The Ballerina Bun: Work your hair into a bun fit for a ballerina! The ballerina bun is a tight, slick bun that sits roughly in the middle to the top of the head. Place a flower in one side of the bun or top off your look with a few rhinestone combs.
- The Nape Bun: Wrap a loose-fitting bun at the back nape of your neck. Slide jeweled chopsticks, gold twigs, or even fresh flowers through the top of the bun. This is the perfect look for a wedding, a night out on a date, or another formal occasion when you want your hair to get a little extra attention.
Celebrities are not just known for their great bodies and gorgeous skin; they are also known for their beautiful hair. They are not afraid to take risks and rock some of the greatest hairdos you have ever seen. That is why many women pay a lot of money at the salon to get the same hairdo as their favorite celebrity. With that being said, here are the top five female celebrity hairdos.
Farrah Fawcett was very popular in the 1970s and so was her hair. She rocked the long layered shag like no one else. This very feathery and voluminous hairstyle flattered her face shape very nicely and was envied by a lot of women.
Although Jennifer Aniston now wears her hair in a long and straight style now, the hairdo she sported while acting in Friends is still popular. “The Rachel” is a medium length layered hairstyle that has loads of volume. It is flattering on almost anyone, especially those who want to increase the fullness in their hair.
Victoria Beckham is definitely a trendsetter, so it is no surprise that she rocked a hairdo that everyone wanted. The hairstyle was nicknamed “The Pob” and is an asymmetrical bob. It is definitely not for everyone and is more likely to flatter those with longer and angular face shapes. She was able to pull off this haircut because she has such high cheekbones.
Emma Watson’s pixie cut has been popular for a while now and looks very chic. She cut off her long hair after she finished filming her latest Harry Potter film and looks beautiful in her new cropped cut. The short hairdo is very fashionable and shows off her lovely features very nicely.
Zooey Deschanel knows how to rock blunt bangs with style. The thick bangs look lovely with her long hair and compliment her features very well. They definitely give her a very young and fun look. Blunt bangs can look good on anyone, but those with round faces should narrow the width of the bangs.
These five celebrity hairdos are very popular and are requested a lot at hair salons all around the country. Do not be afraid to wear one of these famous hairstyles. Just bring a photo of the hairdo to your hair stylist and ask her to create it on your hair.
If ever there was a single hairstyle a female should be most adept at, it’s the bun. Buns can be so much more than the traditional hair-sphere that may initially come to mind; they can be made in all shapes, sizes, and strengths. Buns are the ultimate style for hair versatility, since they can be combined with other hairstyles, such as pony-tails and braids, to create a virtually unlimited number of combinations and looks.
Specific bun styles can express our sense of personal style as easily as words express our emotions. The most difficult aspect of finding a bun to fit your taste is simply learning about what different styles are out there! As a starting point, here are three top bun styles:
- The Braided Bun: At first glance, the braided bun looks like a loose group of curls that may have escaped from a more rigid, traditional bun. It’s exactly this reaction that gives the loose braided bun its distinct mix of relaxation and chic style. It’s the kind of style worn by someone who cares about their looks and understands personal style without appearing to have worked on it vainly for three hours. The braided bun is great for everything from the “going out with friends” look to the high-style nightclub scene.
- The Knot Up-Do: This bun is a mess to impress. This classic bun style gets its name from how it is formed – actually tying a knot in your hair. While the braided bun sits loosely on the neck, this bun is held in place slightly higher on the scalp. This look is somewhat more professional, but not office-style. It works for single women out on a first date or someone at a dance or reception. At first glance, the knot up-do looks crazy and chaotic, but a second look reveals that it is masked in purpose and sophistication. This bun is great for women who know how to have fun and be friendly, but can also get serious and formal when the time comes.
- The French Twist: The braided bun is meant to elicit a sense of fun and vitality; the knot up-do creates a feeling of multiple layers of enjoyment and sophistication; but for those moments where formality calls, nothing can beat the classic French twist. This particular style has been used to many years and has acquired a reputation as the bun of choice for professional and formal occasions. This style conveys a sense of authority and proficiency from the scalp down.
Buns can be used to convey any sort of style from relaxing around the house to acting on the Board of Directors for a Fortune 500 company. No other hair style comes close to this versatility and range, but the key to achieving that perfect look every time is knowing what options to choose from and then putting in your own personal twist.
In Hollywood, fashion and hair have high standards. But no catwalk or red carpet is complete without gorgeous, creative hairstyles. If you want to stay on top of the latest trends in celebrity hair fashion, then you have further to look than the bun. In recent years, buns have taken off in the hair industry. They are versatile, depending on how they are styled, and they fit into both formal events and more casual ones.
Whether Hollywood mavens are hitting the beach, going to a picnic, strolling the boulevard, or making their rounds at their next big Hollywood event, they know that they will win instant style points by sporting a bun. Here are the top five movie star hairdos that incorporate a bun in some fashion. You can recreate their creative looks by using the Hot Bun hair accessory to get gorgeous, classic bun hairstyles in just minutes. Follow along to learn how you can get these top five celebrity bun looks:
- Natalie Portman’s “Black Swan” Ballerina Bun: Get Natalie Portman’s ballerina bun by fashioning your hair into a high bun on top of your head or a polished pun directly in the middle of your back scalp. This look is great for parties, Halloween, dance events, and any other occasion where you need a formal, classic and sturdy style.
- Beyonce’s Low Bun: All the single ladies who want to look elegant and confident should try Beyonce’s low bun. Gather your hair in a ponytail at the nape of your neck and create a secure bun there.
- Carrie Underwood’s Romantic Bun: Croon a sweet love song or simply look like you are a country star by gathering your hair in a romantic side bun. The key to this bun is to curl your hair before you form the bun at the side of your face, below your ear lobe.
- Christina Milian’s Braided Bun: Before you sweep your hair into a high bun, braid a section of hair below your ponytail. Once you have formed your bun and secured it, wrap the braid around the bun as a border. Secure the braid with bobby pins.
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s High Bun: If you have a ton of hair like Sarah Jessica Parker, sweep it all up into a high bun. It will look like a massive nest of gorgeous, chic hair.