Are you looking for an easy yet fashionable hairstyle that gets your hair out of your eyes? Are you looking for a quick up-do for a formal event? Are you short on money for an expensive visit to your local hair salon? If you are ready to look fabulous without all the hassle and financial stress, then try these five gorgeous bun hairdo ideas. Making a bun with your long hair is easy to do and requires only a little practice. These hairstyles are made even simpler with the help of bun-shaping accessory, such as the Hot Buns hair accessory. Here are five bun hairdo ideas to get you started:
- The Top Bun: Gather your hair into a bun on the very top of your head. This is a simple yet also elegant hairstyle that finishes off any formal look. Top buns look fabulous without of without bangs. The key to the top bun is that it be gathered somewhat loosely so that it looks full. Feel free to slide a few rhinestone hair accessories, such as clips or combs around the sides of the top bun for a little extra sparkle.
- The Side Buns: Get the Princess Leia look for Halloween by forming your long hair into two sturdy buns. Your buns should cover up your ears for the most authentic look.
- The Single Side Bun: Gather your hair to one side and shape it into a side bun on either side of your head. The key with this look is to pick only one side for the bun and to shape it loosely just below your ear so that it looks soft and romantic.
- The Ballerina Bun: Work your hair into a bun fit for a ballerina! The ballerina bun is a tight, slick bun that sits roughly in the middle to the top of the head. Place a flower in one side of the bun or top off your look with a few rhinestone combs.
- The Nape Bun: Wrap a loose-fitting bun at the back nape of your neck. Slide jeweled chopsticks, gold twigs, or even fresh flowers through the top of the bun. This is the perfect look for a wedding, a night out on a date, or another formal occasion when you want your hair to get a little extra attention.
It’s amazing what a hair style can convey in terms of energy and mood. Hair can also greatly affect how others perceive you, as well as your level of self-confidence. Hair is a natural accessory that can be quickly and easily manipulated into nearly any form. However, some styles are certainly more complex than others and require a relatively copious amount of time to create. Other styles can be done in an instant, such as a bun.
When you first think of a bun, you may think of a high and tight form that is pristine and spherical. Ballerinas, for example, commonly tie their hair into a tight and efficient bun that leaves no room for fly-aways or loose tendrils. However, a messy bun can be just as striking and lovely, and the best part is that it takes a fraction of the time.
A loose bun is flirty, fun and low maintenance. One way to achieve the look is by gathering the hair into a bundle and securing it, with an elastic, into a standard pony tail. Then you just loosely wrap the hair around the base of the ponytail and secure it with another elastic hair tie or a few bobby pins. It’s perfectly fine if you miss a few strands, as that will only heighten the effect of the look. The purpose of a loose bun is to give you added character and dimension. You can also just tie the hair up as if you were going to make a ponytail, but leave the bundle of hair through the last loop of the elastic, rather than pulling it all the way free. The result will be a bun with a length of hair sprouting out of the elastic.
Somewhat messy hair will contrast against a made-up face to create a striking, natural look that will even appear sexy and inviting. However, you don’t want to go overboard on the make-up either. A bit of color on the cheeks and some eyeliner is all that’s really necessary. A subtle gloss on the lips will also finish the look, making you appear dewy and fresh.The novelty of a messy bun is that it’s so fast. If you’re running late because you overslept or became distracted, swiftly securing your hair into a bun will eliminate the stress of a bad hair day and alleviate any anxiety about primping and preening. A bun often looks more alluring when strands of hair are left free, so experiment with your hair and remember that trying to get everything “perfect” can actually be counterproductive.
The novelty of a messy bun is that it’s so fast. If you’re running late because you overslept or became distracted, swiftly securing your hair into a bun will eliminate the stress of a bad hair day and alleviate any anxiety about primping and preening. A bun often looks more alluring when strands of hair are left free, so experiment with your hair and remember that trying to get everything “perfect” can actually be counterproductive.